Mineral Resources Manager (Mining / Geology / SACNASP / Hard-Rock / MRM) – Limpopo, South Africa
Reference No. 307 04 RR
Reference Number: 307 04 RR
Our client, a mining house, is seeking a Mineral Resources Manager who will join their team in Limpopo. The incumbent will be reporting to the General Manager or nominee.
- Manage the Mineral Resources Department, Occupational Hygiene and Ventilation section to provide required services to total operations to meet customer expectations and business objectives.
- Attend and approve all requested document control information from the Document Control.
- Manage all shared and mineral resources functions i.e. Research and Development to ensure achievement of functional / sub-functional objectives.
- Assist management team in compiling strategic objectives, setting of achievable departmental targets.
- Attend and contribute to Senior Management Meetings and ensure effective strategic planning for the Department/ Function to achieve their objectives.
- Oversee the management of Health and Safety.
- Oversee coordination and management of Operational medical fitness program and industrial hygiene.
- Oversee the management of effective Long-Term Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene Strategies and Systems.
- Oversee the coordination of MCOPs, Standards and Operating Procedures and any, other health and safety related legal requirements.
- Authorize annual departmental budget (operational, capex and labour).
- Effectively manage function/ department and its objectives in line with approved budgets (operational, capex and labour), report variances as required and recommend / implement remedial action within span of control.
- Review and authorize payments in line with approved budget and policy and submit for final processing.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 12 – 15 years extensive practical experience in a Mineral Resources section within the mining industry (with expert knowledge of Surveying, Rock Engineering and Geology).
- Diploma/Degree in Mine Surveying / Geology /Mining/Rock Engineering.
- Accreditation and Registration with South African Council for Natural Scientific Professional (SACNASP).
- Previous 7(2) Appointment.
- South African, HDSA candidates are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Competitive annual package with STI and LTI’s
- Opportunity to join a dynamic leadership team
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.