Mining Director (Mining / Gold / Operation / Production / Open pit) – West Africa
Reference No. 318 05 RR
Our client is seeking a Mining Director who will guarantee the design and implementation of production programs, ensure the profitability of production activities (extraction, processing and maintenance), the sustainability of the means of production, the development of Human Capital, the renewal of reserves and the exploitation of the deposit under the best conditions of safety. Cost and quality in order to achieve the objectives of exploitation in terms of quantity and quality while ensuring the safety and security of the personnel and equipment, preserving natural resources and respecting the budgets and deadlines set and the sustainable development policy.
- Contribute to the construction of the mine's strategic plan, propose improvement solutions and coordinate activities to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and rules to ensure the safety of employees and equipment, analyze risks in order to prevent accidents and incidents.
- Ensure the management of the teams on the operating site, as well as their development and participate in the success of the Talent management processes.
- Ensure the management of mining geology for the identification of resources.
- Validate production schedules, monitor their implementation and take the necessary decisions in the event of deviations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of existing activities.
- Guarantee the success of projects to ensure the sustainability of activities.
- Participate in defining and implementing the site's maintenance policy to prevent breakdowns and stoppages.
- Definition of the budget and forecast, monitoring indicators in order to identify gaps in order to achieve the Group's objectives.
- Guarantee and maintain a positive relationship with the various public authorities and local representatives.
- Ensure smooth activity in a conducive environment.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 15 years of operational experience.
- General Management experience preferred
- Degree Qualified: Mining, Processing, Industrial Engineering, Generalist.
- Proven experience in the management of one or more mining sites as Operations Manager.
- Knowledge of mining regulations.
- Anticipate business-related risks, manage multi-disciplinary teams, pilot in multi-project mode.
- Proficiency in French preferred
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO 6/3
- Competitive USD Net package
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.