Reference No. 264 11 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Mining Operations Manager who will be responsible for ensuring sustainable and optimal use of mining resources to ensure business continuity.
- Provide direct management of the site operations which include resource and reserves management, all mining related activities, ore blending and equipment maintenance.
- Lead execution of strategies on the mine in order to enhance current operations practices and performance.
- Maintain the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Participate with other staff to set production goals.
- Inculcate a culture of cross functional team coherence.
- Develop and execute short and intermediate term strategies that support the growth of the operation.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 7 years’ experience at Production Managerial level with general oversight of an open pit mining operation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mining Engineering
- Relevant Technical Qualifications (i.e. Blasting Certificate, Mine Manager’s Certificate)
- Significant experience in the financial aspects of mining such as cost control, budgeting and return on investment.
- Significant experience in coaching, mentoring and management of employees from a wide variety of cultures.
- Computer literate (Word, excel, Power Point, etc.) and working knowledge of mine planning software.
- South African Nationals are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Annual package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.