Operations Manager (Coal / Drill & Blast / Load & Haul / Crushing / Screening) – East Africa
Our client is seeking an Operations Manager with a background in coal mining operations including drill and blast, load and haul and crushing and screening production activities to lead their team on site in East Africa.
- Management of the production activities including drill and blast, load and haul and crushing and screening.
- Ensure production targets are achieved within budget and timelines.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Ensuring compliance to health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Overseeing legal, audit & governance.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
- Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering (or similar qualification).
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency preferred.
- 10 years’ professional experience in senior mining positions of which at least 5 years must be at management level.
- 5 years operational mining experience in open pit coal mines including drill and blast, load and haul and crushing and screening.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa.
- FIFO roster
- 2 year renewable contract.