Let's find out where you can grow your career
Finance and Operations Manager (Accounting / Administration / Pharmaceuticals) Madagascar
March 16, 2022
Reference Number: CDTFOM1
Working under the direction and guidance of the Madagascar based Program Lead with dotted line reporting to the home office Director for Finance and Operations, the Finance & Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the overall country office operations, including leading the start-up of country operations, for the Promoting of the program. This role is responsible and accountable for effective and efficient operations of the country office to include management of all financial, accounting, and administrative functions, such as procurement and inventory tracking, human resources, and safety and security in accordance with the company, and in country regulations for the program. The Finance & Operations Manager will maintain frequent communication with the company’s HQ, including the Finance & Operations Director, Global Finance, HR, and the Finance and Operations Manager, and serve as a member of the leadership team. This position will oversee the Madagascar branches budget development, expenditure monitoring, and managing of all accounts payable functions to include processing payroll, processing invoices, and analyzing accounts and tax returns according to local statutory requirements. S/he will be also responsible for coordinating with required audit functions, including providing necessary financial information, compiling, and submitting reports. S/He will also ensure compliance with USAID and Government of Madagascar regulations by leading the implementation of the company’s financial management policies and procedures.
- Adopts and implements the company’s policies and procedures in compliance with the company, USAID and Government regulations and manages finances and accounting, budgeting and audits as set by HQ.
- Provides training to local staff to ensure overall compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Leads and develops annual project budgets/forecasts and monitors spend on a monthly basis to ensure activities are implemented within budget and conducts financial review and analysis to alert management of issues/risks related to budget spend.
- Monitors the field offices cash balances and submits monthly cash requests to the company’s home office for approval.
- Manages day-to-day accounting operations to include review of all accounting transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and project coding, and necessary internal controls over payments
- Maintains system of accounts ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported
- Manages preparation and submission of required monthly reconciliation and financial reports to HQ and coordinates with the Finance & Operations Director and Director Eastern and Southern Africa on financial reports requested.
- Serves as Liaison with external auditors, facilitates internal and external audit undertakings, prepares responses to audit findings and follows-up on the implementation of audit recommendations in collaboration with Global Finance
- Processes and manages VAT Exemptions via USAID mechanism
- Liaise with headquarters, USAID, partners, banks, and Government official (Ministry of Finance – Tax Office)
- Maintains accounting controls by ensuring the implementation of financial management policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Human Resources Management
- Manages local Human Resources processes in accordance with local labor laws in collaboration with HQ, including contracts, compensation packages and working hours
- Manages in-country recruitment process to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures and leads new hire onboarding in collaboration with HQ
- Overseas performance management process and support in ensuring high engagement of staff
- Acts as point of contact in country for any performance management issues that may arise and partner with HQ-HR on resolution of issues
- Ensures staff complete timesheets per the company’s policies, and systems are in place to track accrued vacation/personal leave
- Maintains employee records and files in country
- Oversees logistics including management of travel arrangements, meeting/workshop logistical arrangements, etc. to support effective and efficient project implementation
- Manages office inventory /assets and government property, as applicable in compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Manages IT vendors and coordinates with regional IT staff to address any issues related to IT operations (hardware, software, and access to systems)
- Serves as in-country Security Focal Point and coordinates with Global Security to maintain safety and security of staff and visitors
- Ensures that the in- country legal registrations are current and adequate, and that the country office is in compliance with local labor and other relevant regulations.
- Ensures that the country office management is efficient, effective and conducive to promoting an enjoyable place to work where staff can thrive and engage one another.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive and efficient filing system for good records keeping and document management.
- Trains and mentors finance and operations staff in an effort to continuously build capacity of the in-country staff
Requirements: Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a professional equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive professional accounting experience and /or financial management or master’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience (Including people management) in finance and administration/operations of a USG funded project
- Knowledge of applicable Malagasy, rules and regulations, and policies governing financial and administrative processes.
- General knowledge and understanding of donor funded business development.
- Experience filing statutory Malagasy taxes and managing office financial environment.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Excel, word PowerPoint, and accounting software, experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, show initiative, solve problems, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines; results-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven capability to productively support internal and external staff and be a team player.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.