Operations Manager (Heavy Industries / Mining / Degree / Production / Technical / Maintenance) - KZN
Our client is seeking a qualified Operations Manager with a background in mining or heavy industries join their team in KZN.
- Managing all operational aspects including technical, maintenance, budgets, safety and human resources.
- Ensuring the collection, transportation and processing of concentrate is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Ensuring production targets are met while maintaining optimal operating costs.
- Planning and management of regular shutdowns.
- Ensuring health safety standards are maintained.
- Compilation of budgets and resource requirements.
- Production planning and forecasting.
- Mentoring and training of subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Engineering Degree or similar qualification.
- Management qualification (MBA, MDP, MBL or similar).
- 15 years operational experience in mining or heavy industries, with at least 7 years at management level.
- Dedicated to enforcing optimal health, safety and environmental standards.
- Strong knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and environmental regulations
- Driver’s license.
- Only open to South African citizens currently residing in South Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Relocation required.