Operations Manager (Manufacturing / Paper / Plastic / FMCG) – Ballito, South Africa
Reference No. SF40
Reference Number: SF40
A market leading manufacturing client of ours is who is a specialist supplier to the general paper packaging industry is seeking to hire an experience Operations Manager to join their team.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience as an Operation’s Manager within a manufacturing environment.
- A diploma / degree in Industrial Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical will also be considered).
- A diploma in Production and Operations Management will be advantageous.
- An MBA will also be a strongly added advantage.
- Experience managing inbound (freight clearing, forwarding, and receipting) and outbound logistics (dispatch and distribution).
- Experience implementing and working with warehouse management systems and tools – Warehouse layout, stacking, barcoding, and scanning, binning, traceability.
- Full responsibility for inventory control and procedures (on site and off site) – Cycle counting, month end stock counts and recons, Annual auditing (external).
- Supplier contract negotiating (pricing, annual review, audits, and evaluation).
- Quality system compliance (ISO 9000, FSSC 22000).
- Responsible for Health, Safety, Security, Fire and Risk.
- Extensive production planning experience within a complex environment.
- Must have a very good understanding of production and process flows.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical and electrical applications (maintenance, machines, projects).
- Manage all IT requirements.
- Responsible for on-site Administration functions (creditors, month end reporting, annual BBBEE/EE reports, annual budget, annual audit prep, BOM’s).
- Sound knowledge of the Labour Relations Act.
- Work closely and in tandem with the Factory Manager.
- Computer literate – MS office, SYSPRO, Shopware.
- Personnel attributes:
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Accurate, precise and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and implement change.
- Must be firm but fair (people management and disciplines).
- Structured approach and problem – solving skills.
- Must see the big picture.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Manager | Managing Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.