Let's find out where you can grow your career
Operations Manager (Milling / Flour / Policies / Maintenance) – Lesotho
February 7, 2022
Reference Number: FDSCDTOM
A global manufacturing client of ours, who is a market leader in the milling industry is seeking to hire an experienced Operations Manager to lead the milling operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible to Manage, motivate, develop, and discipline operational supervision and personnel. They will have the overall responsibility and control for the maintenance of four mills (maize, flour, feed, and sugar packaging)
Suitably qualified candidates of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
- Receiving of raw materials and shipping of finished goods
- Manage inventory and shrink of raw materials, finished goods, and purchased items through enforcement of control measures.
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Employ new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Ensure the production of high-quality products which conform to customer requirements.
- Establish best practices in order to improve quality and safety.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve the company’s Manual policies.
- Presentation of the weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual production reports.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures entered into the ERP system.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Ensure permanent training for the employees.
- Assist with the execution of technical/engineering projects to ensure operational efficiencies and budgets are achieved.
- Responsible for the security and food safety/hygiene throughout the company.
- Manage purchases through optimizing stock levels and the cost of supplies, ingredients, packaging, and spare parts items
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers (both service and commodity).
- Maintain high levels of communication and customer relations at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products being delivered.
- Performance of additional tasks as assigned. The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Must have a Milling degree or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences; engineering degree is a plus
- 10+ year grain milling experience as an Operations Manager; engineering experience is a plus
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Strong management skillset over a cross-cultural team
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Experience with flour analysis including the ability to interpret flour and dough analyses relative to end-product impact.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours (including weekends) due to production demands.
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.