Let's find out where you can grow your career
Operations Supply Chain Manager (Mining / Logistics / Warehouse Management / SCM / EE / WiM) - Johannesburg, South Africa
99 2104 RR
Reference Number: 99 2104 RR
Our client, a global leading diversified mining group is currently seeking an Ops Supply Chain Manager to join the management team. The role entails the development and implementation of global strategies to optimize logistics, inventory and warehousing costs, through management and collaboration of a broad team structure and engagement with key stakeholders.
- Leading Physical Supply Chain, Including logistics, warehouse management, and distribution.
- Develop inventory optimization plans, including consolidation of storage via the central DC’s, and implement these for each operation.
- Managing of end user requirements in particular GMs of operations and Commercial Managers to ensure optimal supply and availability of inventory at the right levels
- Executive engagement for key strategic projects if and when required e.g., Inventory optimization
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure consistent ways of working across the operations
- Ensure correct utilization of systems (e.g., SAP, Warehouse Management Application, and Emptoris) for recording, managing and reporting of activity and Supply Chain performance.
- Ensure timely and correct input of new data into such systems
- Act as interface and foster collaboration across Operations and Supply Chain teams to ensure operations requirements are fully considered in any logistic or sourcing activity
- Be an effective leader and team member by demonstrating a commitment to safety and positive working behaviors
- Governance, requisition to pay process for operations and supplier relationship management.
- Experience at a senior management level in one or more of the following disciplines: (are these necessary) Procurement, Finance, Materials Management, Logistics, Engineering
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- MBA in Logistics / Supply Chain Management (Desirable)
- Senior management experience in an industry with high inventory turnover / stock velocities is a distinct advantage
- At least ten years’ experience at senior management level in a relevant discipline
- Systems expertise - SAP, Optimiser (Desirable)
- South African females are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- Exposure to global operations
- Regional travel and collaboration across time zones required
Please visit for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.