Let's find out where you can grow your career
Planning & Analysis Manager (Planning / Analysis / Banking / Finance) – Gauteng, South Africa
June 23, 2022
Reference Number: PAMDS
The main purpose of this position is to lead manage the Planning and Analysis Division within the Financial Services
Department (FSD), to ensure effective management of the clients budget management and financial performance analysis
- Develop sectional operational plans aligned to the FSD and the client.
- Clarify performance expectations and roles for own team.
- Develop budgeting and reporting processes, procedures and systems requirements for approval, setting boundaries within which own staff members work and ensure alignment with related functions and organisational value chain.
- Manage the implementation of divisional policies, processes and procedures as well as monitor compliance thereof.
- Lead the Planning and Analysis Section with set, achievable objectives and targets, prioritise work and manage resource utilisation and quality of deliverables.
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships, ensuring alignment and synergy in the delivery and communication of the Planning and Analysis Section’s services to the client.
- Manage the budgeting process, draft and communicate guidelines, set timelines, consolidate budgets across all the client departments and submit to the senior manager for review and approval.
- Report monthly and quarterly actual financial results versus budget, monitor financial performance, prepare commentary and consolidate financial review reports and variance reporting for reporting to Governor’s Executive Committee, Management Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Identify and mitigate risks related to the Planning and Analysis Section and ensure compliance with relevant governance frameworks.
- Manage the performance of staff, promote and support career management and development of the team.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the delivery and functioning of the Planning and Analysis Section of the FSD.
- A tertiary degree in Finance or equivalent
- A qualified CASA
- 7 + Years’ experience working experience in a financial accounting or management accounting environment, with a solid track record of managing teams.
Banking and Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.