Reference No. CV01
Reference Number: CV01
Our client, a market leader working in production and services within the mining sector in South Africa is currently looking for an experienced plant supervisor to manage and take control of their day-to-day operations. In this position you will be responsible for managing the product manufacturing plant at the set location, ensuring that organisational sustainability and a commitment to safety is maintained. As a senior, you will be a company representative on site and will be expected to assume overall accountability for operations at the facilities.
- Champion SH&E culture within the site/s by ensuring facilities are managed in accordance with company policies & procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manage specific SH&E improvement activities via ownership of the site/s SH&E improvement plan.
- Ensure plant operations are managed safely, with appropriate risk management techniques being consistently utilised. This includes rigorous application of the Hazard Study process.
- Compliance with documented change control processes.
- Investigate all incidents promptly with corrective actions to be implemented.
- Appropriate crisis management/emergency response plans are in place and effective for the site/s.
- Establish environmental compliance for both sites and implement improvement plans.
- Group compliance with security regulations for various products in various regions, including SSAN regulations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Certificate qualified with at least 10 years or similar experience in operational roles in the manufacturing or transport/distribution sectors.
- Sound technical understanding of bulk emulsion manufacture.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Sound influencing and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate people. Build and maintain teams.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop employees through performance management.
- Sound ability to effectively manage costs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop & implement improvement initiatives, including BI projects.
- Security Clearance or equivalent for access to security sensitive products
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Attractive market related salary.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Christo van der Ham at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Christo van der Ham
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.