Reference No. 100 07 22 VG
Reference Number: 100 07 22 VG
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a Principal Advisor E&IR who will be accountable for the strategic positioning of the company’s industrial positioning in West Africa. The role is the primary conduit between the company and key external stakeholders and JV partners in relation to IR/ER matters and management and is expected to identify and manage risk associated with the area of expertise. Of key importance is ensuring assurance and support to JV secondees in relation to workforce management and human rights.
- Development of the 5-year Employee Relations Strategy ad plan for execution
- Provide high level strategic advice with a mid to long term lens coupled with an approach that aims to proactively engage key stakeholders and relevant authorities including, labour institutions, government, industry and relevant bodies.
- Consider the interests of the long-term business in relation to IR/ER and will provide direct input and guidance through formal governance mechanisms for any activity that can be considered as wide spanning in impact or reach (e.g. collective bargaining, union election processes, external engagements with labour institutions, government, relevant bodies etc.).
- Provide direct input and guidance through formal governance mechanisms into the company policy implementation or wide spanning change.
- Support and guidance for JV Secondees in relation to workforce management and compliance including legislative requirements and linkages to Human Rights
- Key partnership for JV ER team for knowledge share and assurance support
- Development of the long-term employee/industrial Relations strategy and enabling programs that will support the interests and direction of the company
- Monitoring of IR/ER landscape in Guinea and globally and provides reporting and recommendations in relation to potential negative impacts and/or mitigations
- Represents the company in discussions with Government bodies and industry associations.
- Coaching of national team in relation to ER/IR framework, strategy, risk management, approach
- Service line agreement to provide Advisory to the company on Strategic IR/ER matters including support of high-profile disputes and disruption
- Owner of Guinea IR/ER risk management process
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s or advanced degree in Employee and Industrial Relations or similar
- Extensive background in complex industrial relations environments
- French language capability and/or West African experienced preferred
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.