Reference No. 230 07 RR
Our client is a Global Tier One Mining Company with operations across Africa. We are seeking a Mining Professional well experienced in Geotechnical and Tailings Infrastructure Management
- Maintenance of Company Tailings Management Dashboard for Africa Operations.
- Overseeing that required tailings deposition infrastructure, methods and operations as well as embankment design work is completed on time and in line with LOM operational requirements
- Approving and participating in design related decisions and outcomes for tailings dam projects to ensure technical due diligence
- Technical lead role for all tailings dam projects by tailings consultants
- Understanding overall requirements for timing of construction activities in order to meet operational requirements
- Conduct quarterly monitoring inspections on all TSF’s or as determined– in support of due diligence and maintaining standards with regards to ongoing deposition.
- Participate as required in the annual Independent Technical Review Board TSF audits and support corrective actions.
- GISTM standard -achieving and maintaining compliance
- Assign work, monitor performance, train and develop team members while creating a culture of high-performance teams.
- Regular monitoring of the performance of any geotechnical structures, observing and reporting on effectiveness of maintenance of all TSF facilities
- Verifying that required remedial actions for operational freeboard (including factors of safety), storm water channels and access routes are properly addressed and followed up with Operations management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering
- A Registered Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of ten years geotechnical and tailings experience and tailings dam design knowledge.
- Track record of finding practical and innovative solutions to tailings disposal
- Track record of successfully managing and delivering projects on time and within budget
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Project management skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package
- Permanent Employment Option
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.