Let's find out where you can grow your career
Principal Geologist (Mining / Estimation / Tenement Management / Copper / Drilling / Open Pit / SACNASP) – Zambia
February 16, 2022
Reference Number: 1602 VG
The purpose of this job is to provide leadership and support to both Head Office and teams on matters relating to Tenement management within Zambia, Mine and Exploration Geology. While working at operating sites, all safety instructions and safe work practices must be adhered to.
- Provide input to the Tenement management function within Zambia and assist the DRC team with tenement related work.
- Provide support to Head Office – OTE with geological expertise on mine geology, reconciliation and resource estimation
- Ensure tenements in Zambia are maintained in good standing
- Liaise with JV personnel on progress with work programs.
- Comply with management systems and all statutory and legal standards.
- Enhance the reputation of the Operational Support team across the group.
- Provide point of call relating to all Zambian Geology functions
- Adherence at all times to the Code of Conduct. The code provides standards for appropriate ethical and professional behaviour. It is based on values of Safety, Integrity, Action and Results which form the basis of, and underpin all of business relationships
- Demonstrate safe behaviour at all times and comply with the site’s standards and procedures in SHEC.
- Promote awareness of SHEC practices and imbed a safety culture.
- Demonstrate effective performance in achieving agreed SHEC goals that support the department site and company standards.
- Report all SHEC incidents.
- Demonstrate leadership in SHEC through personal behaviours and conversations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ability to work in an open pit environment during site visits
- Good analytical and numerical ability, with a focus on time sensitive outcomes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Deep understanding of Zambian tenement management process and reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in Maxwells Lease Control or similar lease management software.
- Working knowledge in using Microsoft Power BI to assist in completing mine site reconciliations.
- Understanding of sampling methods and QA/QC in geochemistry.
- Strong practical understanding and experience in all aspects of mine and exploration geology
- Exposure to a broad range of drilling techniques.
- A strong understanding of geological sampling and sampling evaluation methods.
- Good practical understanding of surface and underground mining methods
- Minimum of 15 years varied exploration and mining/resource geology experiences with exposure to base metals, especially copper.
- Experience with open pit mining operations
- Working experience in Zambian and/or Congolese mining operations
Education, Qualifications, Tickets, Licences:
- B Sc. Geology, Honours degree preferred.
- Open “C” Class (manual) driver’s licence.
- Member of a recognised professional organisation e.g. AusIMM, SACNASP or similar.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.