Voyons où vous pouvez développer votre carrière
Principal Geotechnical Engineer – OC ( Mining / Africa / Europe / Network / Consulting) – Johannesburg, South Africa
215 05 RR
United Kingdom#Southern Africa
May 30, 2022
Our client is seeking a highly skilled Principal open pit geotechnical engineer for their Johannesburg office. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 20 years of relevant geotechnical consulting and design experience in open pit mining and be able to develop and lead a team of engineers and geoscientists to service mining clients in the Europe, Africa, and Australasia regions.
- Open pit stability assessment and design including field investigation programs, structural analysis, kinematic assessments, rock mass characterization, slope stability analysis, and development of design criteria.
- Geotechnical inspection and design audits of operating open pit mines and waste dumps.
- Assessment and remedial design for complex modes of slope instability including assessment of slope monitoring data, evaluation of monitoring thresholds, slope failure prediction, development of safe operating procedures (SOPs), and trigger action response plans/procedures (TARPs).
- Detailed understanding of standard to advanced 2D and 3D limit equilibrium, finite element, distinct element, and rockfall/runout stability analysis methods using geotechnical software Dips, RocPlane, SWedge, RocFall, Slide2, RS2, SVSLOPE, FLAC, FLAC3D, UDEC, 3DEC, DAN-W, and DAN3D.
- Independent review of geotechnical design studies.
- Strong background in project management and business development, with ability to independently source clients.
- Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and report writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and train junior and intermediate engineers.
- Business development skills including presentation of workshops and marketing.
- Willingness to travel internationally and to remote locations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in geological/geotechnical engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum of 20 years of related work experience.
- A post graduate degree would be considered a strong asset.
- Eligibility for registration as a Pr.Sci.Nat. or Pr.Eng. in South Africa.
- Strong existing mining network across the EMEA
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Performance bonus and equity incentives
- Attractive benefits
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.