Principal Safety Engineer (HSE / Gas Processing / Upstream / Midstream / Oil / Gas)
This position requires experience in Front End Engineering Design of Oil & Gas facilities; mainly involving Upstream, Midstream, Gas Processing, Petroleum Refineries etc. The role involves in-depth knowledge of conceptual HSE design, for Offshore as well as Onshore, oil / gas production, processing and transportation facilities. The role also includes initiating and guiding in-house development activities involving guidelines / procedures to strengthen discipline capabilities and undertaking troubleshooting activities during various phases of project.
- Reports to Head of Discipline / Engineering Manager (Process & Safety) and works under his overall supervision.
- Assumes responsibility as Lead HSE Engineer for the project and capable of producing deliverables with minimum assistance / supervision.
- Responsible for producing HSE deliverables such as Hazardous Area Schedule, Fire & Gas Detection Study including Detector’s Layout, performing Firewater Hydraulics , sizing Fire Water Pump and Deluge System, preparing detailed P&IDs for fire protection system, preparing data sheets for firewater pumps, deluge valves, sprinkler nozzles, foam system and other miscellaneous fire protection equipment.
- Develop the scope of works for the specialized studies performed by external agencies and participate in evaluation of the offers and final award.
- Interface with other disciplines and the client on critical issues till resolution.
- Work for Estimation of resources for Project / Enquiries.
- Supervise / guide and train the Engineers as required.
- The responsibility shall also include coordination with client, HSE Consultant (who are assigned to perform specialized studies), other discipline engineers and Project team
- Perform Flare Radiation and Dispersion Analysis as required
- Prepare/ review Safety Equipment Layout and Escape route layout.
- Participate in HAZOP, HAZID and other safety studies.
- Provides input for the development of the Planning Package and project progress reporting.
- Develop Spread Sheets; programme to simplify computational works
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
(Try to minimize this to 8 lines: Use Bullets here)
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent from a reputed institute
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience as HSE Design Engineer in Oil and Gas industry, out of which minimum 6
- years should be in LDE role
- Knowledge of relevant codes and practices such as SHELL DEP, BP Guidelines and ADNOC COPs etc.
- Has excellent skill of report writing and possess brilliant communication skill
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Proven supervisory track record
- Planning & organizing skills
- Influencing skills.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering discipline work procedure.
- Knowledge of Engineering software and Design Codes.
- Should be familiar with routine safety study/reviews like QRA, FRA, EERA, HSEIA, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, and
- SIMOPS etc.