Reference No. 258-1805LH
Reference Number: 258-1805LH
Our client is seeking an experienced Processing Plant Manager with tin and zinc processing experience and a technical background in mechanical, electrical and instrumentation to join their team in West Africa.
- Overseeing all activities within the processing plant for both operations and maintenance.
- Managing mineral processing across all stages, from ROM blending to concentrate shipping.
- Continuous improvement initiatives for metallurgical and technical processes.
- Input into lab quality control, testing and reporting.
- Ensuring sufficient water planning for all seasons through efficient monitoring of tailings and dams.
- Ensuring KPI’s are achieved with a particular focus on plant availability, throughput and recovery.
- Coordinating plant maintenance, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Ensuring that health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
- Management of contractors and ensuring work is carried out to agreed service levels and quality standards.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation or Civil) or Mineral Processing / Metallurgy.
- 10 years’ experience in processing plant operations in both metallurgical and engineering, with 5 years at management level.
- 3 years previous experience in tin and zinc processing.
- Experience in crushing, XRF sorting, mills, jigs, spirals and flotation processes highly advantageous.
- Budgeting and cost control experience.
- Previous contractor management experience.
- Computer literate in a range of ERP’s.
- Previous experience working with and training multicultural teams as an expatriate.
- Previous expatriate experience in West Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Fixed term renewable.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.