Processing Superintendent (Platinum / Chrome / Plant Metallurgist / Concentrator Plant) – North West Province
Our client is in need of a qualified Process Superintendent with a background in platinum and chrome concentrator plant processing to oversee processing operations on site in the North West Province.
- Overseeing processing operations to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure plant maintenance and repairs are executed efficiently and effectively.
- Understanding resource requirements and ordering of parts, equipment and consumables.
- Ensure corrective action is implemented to minimize breakdowns.
- Assisting in operational planning, budgeting and cost control.
- Assisting in setting production goals and policies for the operation.
- Ensure that production goals are achieved through efficient management of the processing team.
- Introduce processes and systems to ensure optimum efficiency and output.
- Compilation of reports.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma (BSc degree, HND Extractive Metallurgy or similar).
- 8 years’ experience as a qualified Process Plant Metallurgist.
- 5 years’ experience in process engineering roles within concentrator plants, with at least 3 years in a senior level position.
- Well-versed in platinum and chrome processing.
- General knowledge of milling, flotation and maintenance functions.
- Training in Employee Relations, Supervisor Management, Finance for Non-Financial Managers and computerized maintenance systems preferred.
- Previous contractor management experience.
- Applicants must have South African citizenship and currently reside in South Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Relocation required.