Procurement Officer (Mining / Purchasing / CIPS / Sourcing / PM) – Limpopo, South Africa
Reference No. 306 04 RR
Reference Number: 306 04 RR
Our client is seeking a Procurement Officer who will report directly to the Procurement Manager and will serve as a member of the Procurement Team.
- Source new services and goods on request from procurement manager and end-users / originators.
- Use creative international and local sourcing strategies by utilising all available resources.
- Provide a key link between purchasing, operations, finance and legal, including functional & strategic support.
- Vet suppliers and coordinate onboarding process.
- Select appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with suppliers.
- Facilitate the supplier on-boarding process and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure the vendor information on ERP System is updated regularly.
- Improve operational cost analysis as a tool to reduce costs and improve financial performance within the Operations Procurement Division.
- Ensure all purchases are the best price, quality, and performance.
- Optimise and keep a record of monthly auditable savings on all applicable transactions from a transactional purchasing perspective.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of the adjudication document to support recommendations.
- Contract management and drafting service level agreements.
- Vendor administration and managing the supplier database.
- Ensure accurate handling of records and information for the procurement of materials, products, or services in the organisation.
- Ensure POPIA regulations are considered with management and storing of data.
- Transactional procurement, expediting and payment coordination.
- Place purchase orders and expediting them timeously as and when required.
- Create requisitions and request signature according to matrix approval.
- Generate and send to supplier’s purchase orders for supplies, services and equipment required by the business.
- Reconcile or resolve order discrepancies with supplies on request.
- Resolve invoice / contract queries timeously.
- Work with internal customers to provide a timely and efficient service.
- Keep abreast of all market analysis trends, trends in pricing and current product and supply news.
- Open order reports to be maintained weekly and ensure tracking and closing monitored to keep figures as low as possible.
- Ensure efficient and considerate complaint handling, investigations, and resolutions regarding purchasing.
- Administration of procurement procedures, policies, flowcharts, and framework.
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that BEE certificates / affidavits are updated according to yearly spend.
- Drive BEE and local spend initiative with transactional purchasing.
- Strategic Sourcing / Commodity Management
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Procurement Manager.
- Any other responsibility that can be reasonably expected in this role / function.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a mining / construction environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Commerce, Economic or Human Sciences.
- Advanced Programme in Sourcing and Supply Chain Management Certificate (NQF Level 7).
- CIPS Qualification / Accreditation.
- Project Management qualification.
- Valid Driver’s License (Code 8).
- Extensive experience in implementing and influencing Supply Chain Local and BEE procurement.
- Team management experience or leading projects.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent opportunity
f you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.