Reference No. 234 AM
Reference Number: 234 AM
Our client – an international mining house – is seeking a Procurement Specialist to join their team in the North West. As the Procurement Specialist your duties would be to perform the group spend analysis, identify opportunities, implement initiatives to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership and manage tenders and contracts. The ideal incumbent would have experience in the following:
- Identify and assess level of issue-based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation, and implement control measures for residual risk.
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Process through effective use of the Toolbox
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
- Ensure customer satisfaction and competitive practice throughout the business environment
- Maintain and improve relationships with key stakeholders
- Improve the Procurement to Payment process to ensure proactive procurement and the reduction of the Total Cost of Ownership
- Conduct Audits and analyses of usage of procurement systems within the business
- Audit and report on site KPI adherence and ensure inclusion and alignment in site/group scorecards
- Manage the Document Management System (User access, training, etc)
- Manage and maintenance of contract life cycle on behalf of the group as well as the Tender Management process
- Manage the procurement to payment process throughout all stages.
- Conduct and analyse Group Spend Analysis on Materials and Service Masters, Material Groups, Suppliers and Commodity categories and identify and make recommendations on improvement opportunities
- Manage Master data function incompliance with audit requirements and improve master data quality.
- Compile Continuous Improvement Reports, monthly GPS, Business Unit and Group Procurement reports as well as various other reporting activities.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Commercial, Supply Chain Management or Procurement Degree/ National Diploma
- 4 years’ relevant experience in the mining/smelting industry
- ERP and SAP Knowledge and experience
- Microsoft Office Programs experience
- Understanding the principles of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and the general principles of Project Management.
- Understanding the Procurement Pay Cycle and the principles of Spend Analysis.
- Understanding the Mining Charter
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Aimee Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions