Reference No. DSS03-S
Reference Number: DSS03-S
A prominent mining group is currently seeking a Procurement Superintendent to play a pivotal role in the formulation and execution of procurement strategies specific to the assigned category of commodities.
- Manage all procurement-related activities of third party spend within the assigned category of bulk commodities like Diesel, Gas, Refractory, etc.
- Establish and maintain efficient communication channels and networks between customers and suppliers.
- Achieve targeted cost savings, employing effective negotiation processes with vendors.
- Develop and continuously update expert knowledge of supply markets, competitors, and product/service innovations.
- Effectively manage all contracts within the assigned category throughout their lifecycle, including terminations, renewals, extensions, and identify innovative procurement solutions for organizational efficiencies.
- Identify and implement innovative procurement solutions to enhance organizational efficiency.
- Conduct procurement analyses and generate reports to support management in tracking, monitoring, and achieving departmental targets.
- Drive efforts to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership and establish a competitive advantage through proactive procurement.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Supply Chain Management, Policies and Procedures, Systems Analysis, and Mathematics.
- Ensure SHEQ compliance within the Section by effectively utilizing the Toolbox.
- Initiate, investigate, and report SHEQ status using the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Meet HDSA/Female targets for the Section as required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree or National Diploma Commerce, Law, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- 6 years’ relevant experience, preferably 2 years’ managerial experience
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Opportunity to join a global mining company.
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.