Reference No. 620 2109 MHU
Reference Number: 620 2109 MHU
Our client is a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, services, and technical solutions for the mining and related industries. They have an opportunity for a Product Support Manager to join their team based in Johannesburg.
- Ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure all employees are provided with a safe and healthy working environment. This includes compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Ensure the machine specification and options list are maintained to avoid localized development and a decline in profitability.
- Provide the Sales Area with any knowledge or information required to develop a solution that meets a prospective customer's need.
- Conduct analysis of competitor offerings and communicate this information to Sales Areas and Product Lines.
- Provide input on possible technical and application changes to drive product improvements via Product Management and communicate with the Offering Team to ensure Product Roadmaps cater to future requirements.
- Monitor and report on trends for changes to current specifications across the Underground Drills offering.
- Build a solid working relationship with the Business Line Manager and keep them updated and informed of product line activities within each specific product line.
- Provide input to engineering with regards to any liability or risk-related performance issues and where applicable coordinate safety recall or safety-related bulletins in terms of distribution and understanding to the Sales Area.
- Actively participate in New Product Development planning and customer validation when required (normally Gate 0 to Gate 2).
- Provide performance data to the respective Product Line Manager to allow management of the product over its life cycle.
- In conjunction with technical support teams, review warranty claims to understand any trend or pattern and provide input to product management and/or engineering.
- In conjunction with product management teams identify opportunities where new products can be trialled.
- Manage a team of Product Masters.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of Underground Drills product line experience
- Sound business acumen
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to resolve problems and manage customer and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to analyze data
- Must be medically fit to operate in an underground environment
- Must be willing to travel extensively
- English proficiency
- Valid driver’s license
- South African citizenship
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent opportunity
- Competitive package on offer
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.