Let's find out where you can grow your career
Production Charge Up Operator ( Mining / Underground Mining / Expat / Services ) – Western & Northern Africa
143 06 08 MNW
Western Africa#Northern Africa
August 6, 2021
Reference Number: 143 06 08 MNW
Our client, one of the world’s leading hard rock, mining services companies, is seeking a professional with excellent knowledge of the procedures and operations of an efficient underground charge up machine in underground mines. This operator would work alongside a skilled team of industry professionals in a challenging environment on-site in a mine based in Western and Northern Africa.
- Achieve production targets through the diligent application of explosive blasting services that will provide targeted ore in the desired form for bogging with safety and efficiency as priorities.
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of the mine and ensures that the safety standards and regulations are always adhered to.
- Liaison with Shift Supervisors and key stakeholders to ensure optimization of blast designs.
- Assist in the provision of preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and organizing the timely repair of operating equipment.
- Handling and transportation of explosives in accordance with stringent safety procedures.
- Reporting on daily and weekly activity to Shift Supervisor.
- Must always set high standards and always do processes the right way no matter the difficulty of task.
- Expected to present yourself and, by association, the company in a respectful and considerate manner that is aligned to company principles.
- Will be required to impart knowledge and skill onto local workforce that has a positive effect on local communities.
- Engage in cultural awareness activities and training to help with your interactions with local employees and communities.
- Must be patient, understanding and behave as an appreciative guest in the country you are engaged for.
- Must be resilient and able to work through challenging situations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in high-speed development, mechanized, underground mining operations.
- Charge a minimum of 4 headings per shift or 750m of production holes per shift.
- Robust experience with emulsion and low impact explosives.
- Experience in training a national workforce.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground Charge Up Machine.
- International Drivers License.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate Contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.