Let's find out where you can grow your career
Project Controls Manager (Mining / EPCM / PMP / Project Planning / Cost Engineering / Mega Projects) – Gauteng, South Africa
538 0902 MHU
February 9, 2022
Reference Number: 538 0902 MHU
Our client is a leading EPCM who are recruiting for a Project Controls Manager who is functionally accountable for the project planning, cost engineering and capital estimating functions within the Mining & Minerals industry.
- The PCM is accountable for the following functions within the project:
- Project Planning
- Cost Engineering
- Capital Estimating
- The PCM will work in a manner that supports and enhances the company values of:
- Delivering on promises
- Developing full potential
- Doing the right thing.
- Ensures procedures / systems are established and maintained for planning, cost engineering, capital estimating within projects and studies.
- Proactively manages, audits and ensures satisfactory provision of planning, cost engineering and capital estimating services within projects to the satisfaction of the PM’s in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Defines the basis and strategy on which work packaging and coding is to be carried out for planning, cost engineering and capital estimating to meet specific project requirements consistent with proper and efficient control.
- Establishes and maintains clear reporting / lines of communication for planning, cost engineering and capital estimating within the project.
- Establishes / maintains contact with client project controls management to ensure that client requirements are being satisfied in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ongoing monitoring / auditing of the project controls and ensure mitigating actions if required.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of the applied project control system.
- Assist the Projects with contractual claims and disputes.
- Monitor, control and report project progress in accordance with company and project matrixes.
- Provide mitigating actions for progress slippage.
- Generate monthly project progress reports, including progress s-curves, histograms, cost reports and earned value.
- Recruit key personnel for the project in consultation with the PM’s and company HR department.
- Accountable for the training and mentoring of the project controls team to ensure that the project control needs of the project are met and that outputs are maximised
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in business, engineering or relevant.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) OR Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certified Cost Professional (or equivalent) OR Scheduling Professional (or equivalent)
- At least 10 years’ experience on large projects
- Hands-on experience in at least project costing or project planning
- Thorough understanding of the principles of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Ability to implement systems, processes and procedures
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive package on offer
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.