Let's find out where you can grow your career
Project Coordination Manager (Portuguese / Administration / Support / Geosciences) – Luanda
July 22, 2021
Reference Number: 87365 VG
The purpose of this role is to ensure that our clients exploration activities are carried out in accordance with our clients policies and procedures by providing a full range of administrative and technical support to the Exploration Manager for Southern Africa.
- Health and Safety - Oversee consistent application of Safety & Health principles in all discipline interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities
- Manage month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close in accordance with corporate reporting deadlines
- Manage month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close in accordance with corporate reporting deadlines.
- Monitor and advise on budget tracking (outlook) and provide advice on re-allocations.
- Manage where required confidentiality and potentially other agreements with third parties: coordinate meetings with third parties; liaise with legal for the review/approval of legal documents; and, prepare the documents for the manager’s final review and sign-off.
- Support with:
- HR (reporting, production of role profiles, new hires, wages, etc.),
- Legal (both local and Corporate, regarding contracts and any additional tasks),
- Compliance (such as updating the Discovery/Mining Property risk matrix), etc.
- These tasks involve significant liaison with colleagues in Group Shared Services (GSS) and Group Functions (e.g. HR, Finance, Tax, Supply Chain).
- Be the principal point of contact for day to day coordination on HR, Supply Chain and Finance issues.
- Lead all Business Integrity compliance requirements: ensure that everyone has completed the mandatory training; documentation for external and internal audits;
- Full involvement in current projects in the Southern Africa Region to understand each project´s goals and issues.
- Understand Mineral Rights issues across the region.
- Willingness to take on ad-hoc projects outside of the job description with a “can-do” attitude
- Support the project leaderson the preparation of all new contracts, coordinating with Supply Chain and SAP, and where appropriate, the relevant Business Units in Southern Africa
- Acquire full competence at managing the local reporting and accounting system (SAP)
- Sustainability and Social – Manage delivery of the sustainability activities
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with requirements within our client’s discipline on site
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- University degree
- Finance/business education is preferred
- Proven relevant administrative experience
- Proven relevant experience in a multinational corporation is desirable
- Prior relevant experience in the mining or resources sector is required
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviors and championing safety values
- International travel may be required from time-to-time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Portuguese verbal and written communication skills would be highly regarded)
- High-level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages
- Provides a consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety practices with a deep understanding of the importance of safety