Reference No. 321 04 23 MW
Reference Number: 321 04 23 MW
Our client, a renewable energy service provider is seeking a Project Development Director who will lead commercial strategy in the planning and execution of energy solutions for energy clients in the mining sector globally. The incumbent will be responsible for translating financial and legal advice and inputs into the commercial structure of energy services contracts with mining companies, supplier agreements, and joint development agreements with developer partners where necessary. Furthermore, the incumbent will ultimately be responsible for summarizing the next steps at each stage to advance renewable and hybrid energy projects for mines to successful signature, financial close, and start of construction. The ideal incumbent will have global experience and be adept at working across multiple jurisdictions with diverse stakeholders.
- Lead contracting strategy for complex power purchase transactions and portfolio acquisitions, especially multi-stakeholder transactions.
- Take a holistic view of commercial, financial, legal, and tax constraints into contractual negotiations.
- Provide support to Business Development team in structuring complex hybrid proposals and in negotiation tactics.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis to develop the appropriate strategy for executing a given project transaction.
- Manage transaction documentation, deal structuring, and commitments across multiple deal contracts, working alongside support from internal and external Legal counsel.
- Identify gaps in the company’s value proposition to counterparties and generate new ideas for how to better bridge those gaps.
- Collate deal inputs from various company functional perspectives including Engineering, ESG, Legal, Regulatory, and Operations and distill into contracting strategy.
- Manage in-house deal teams and external counsel and consultants.
- Design and deliver client-ready presentations advocating company desired commercial strategies.
- Advise counterparties on diverse aspects of financial, tax, and corporate structuring concerns.
- Cultivate a wide set of developers and technical partners to originate, develop, and close project opportunities across company geographies.
- Assist Investment, ESG, and Operations teams to accurately diligence and report on deal aspects to investors, noting implications for group financial model and portfolio risk.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 10+ years of experience in energy project development, project finance, transaction advisory and infrastructure development. Applicable experience in mining industry will be a strong advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering, law or other relevant field.
- Applied understanding of commercial aspects of complex hybrid power projects and PPA structures.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and corporate finance, project finance modeling.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and visual storytelling.
- A strong network among active power project developers, suppliers, and construction partners relevant to the mining or distributed energy industries.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Lead: Renewable Energy & Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.