Let's find out where you can grow your career
Project Engineering Manager (Mining / EPCM / ECSA / Mech Eng / Design Office / Full Project Lifecycle) – Gauteng, South Africa
535 0602 MHU
February 6, 2022
Reference Number: 535 0602 MHU
Our client is a leading, global EPCM who require a Project Engineering Manager with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, including projects in remote locations and other countries. Job objectives are: Management and coordination of engineering disciplines on various projects and studies; Manage the engineering design basis for projects and studies, including requirements engineering, technical decisions, tradeoffs, design risks and safety by design; Manage the engineering execution basis for projects and studies, including setup, execution, controlling and close-out of systems, process workflows and engineering deliverables; Manage the interfaces between multidisciplinary engineering team, and between engineering and supply chain or construction management.
- Assure the inherent safety and integrity of our design, analyses and technical deliverables through the application of sound engineering & technical principles, data and information management, standards, reviews systems and controls.
- Ensure Company engineering and technical execution strategies, standards and procedures are applied as applicable to assure technical hazard identification and risk assessment, integrity, major incident prevention, human factors, inherent safety and environmental sustainability in delivery.
- Ensure engineering and design work complies with regulatory, licenses and permits, industry standard and customer engineering and technical requirements. Ensure appropriate codes and standards are specified for the intended application when the Company is the design authority.
- Experienced and responsible for the management of the design of all phases of a project or study and execution programming of the project/study.
- Ensure that engineering and design risks are identified, analysed, evaluated, resolved and communicated
- Ensure that technical solutions embody agreed design for safety, operability, maintainability and constructability objectives
- Ensure that design changes, technical decisions, deviations and concessions are managed according to project-defined processes and approvals and their impact assessed prior to implementation.
- Ensure the engineering and design deliverables are defined, planned, monitored and controlled throughout all pertinent project life-cycle stages.
- Ensure that engineering resourcing and competency levels are planned, monitored, controlled and reported for assigned studies and projects.
- Ensure that design assurance activities are planned and implemented on assigned studies and projects, including checking, design reviews, peer reviews, and stage-gate technical reviews.
- Ensure that engineering work packages are produced and delivered to support supply chain and construction management
- Ensure that technical problems and issues are resolved within agreed timeframes, including technical site queries, non-conformances and preventative actions
- Assists the Technical Director with the responsibility for the management of the engineering personnel within the business unit
- Assists the Technical Director with the responsibility for planning of resource allocations per project
- Responsible for the forecasting, control and management of the engineering manhour budget.
- Accountable for the project / study engineering schedule.
- Assists the Technical Director to comply to the Company Operational Assurance requirements.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree
- Registered as a professional engineer with ECSA
- Minimum of 15 years general engineering experience with at least 10 years in the mining and minerals processing area in the design office and in the field
- Familiar with the project lifecycle of products and systems, from need identification through conceptualization, requirements engineering, detail design, manufacturing, testing, commissioning and handover
- Natural leader of people with willingness to further develop leadership skills
- An appreciation of the value of team work and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required
- Interpersonal and relationship skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive package on offer
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.