Reference No. LBGLK010
Reference Number: LBGLK010
An exciting global agricultural client of ours is looking to hire a Purchasing Specialist The procurement team is responsible for all procurement of operational goods and services on behalf of over 130,000 smallholder farmers. This team buys all the items necessary for the proper functioning of our program. Working with the procurement team requires frequent written and verbal communication with our vendors as well as the various teams for whom the client procures operational goods and services. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of tasks focused on team management and execution excellence. You will coordinate between the various internal teams to maintain a consistent flow of procurement information and ultimately provide world-class procurement service for over 130,000 farmers in the areas, rural areas of Burundi.
Excellence in Execution:
- Delivering requested items to customers 100% on time, with the right specifications and at consistently below market prices.
- Coordinate teams to assess quality assurance measures and implement best practices.
- Triage requests as they come in to assess timelines and anticipate potential delays and issues.
- Execute quarterly forecasting activities within the teams to establish a supply plan.
- Maintain accurate procurement data in web portal and SAP system.
- Work closely with internal teams to reduce overall spend.
- Maintain and improve the transparency of the procurement process.
- Manage a team of more than 4 people in Burundi while providing support for the daily operations of the team and its professional development.
- Train buyers on identifying high-quality, high-level suppliers and negotiating the best prices and terms.
- Set clear and well-documented expectations for all members of the procurement team and hold staff accountable to these rigorous expectations.
- Identify team development opportunities and work with your manager to recruit good local talent.
- Process improvement.
- Review current procurement practices to identify and implement time and cost saving improvements.
- Implement standard practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Stakeholder management.
- Represent the purchasing team with internal customers and suppliers of One Acre Fund.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers.
- Collaborate with government partners who oversee our major tenders.
- Ensure professional and timely communication with internal customers.
- License or Bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting, management, project management, or administration required.
- Experience working in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent communication between departments was required.
- At least 3 years of experience managing people or projects, on or off the job.
- Experience in purchasing, inventory management, supply chain, or consulting is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Strong computer skills (experience using SAP preferred).
- Language: Perfect command of French and Kirundi (mandatory), knowledge of English (preferred).
- Creativity and strong problem-solving ability.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Leroy Gona at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.