Regional Project Manager (Mining Technology / Engineering / PMP / Prince2 / Project Delivery) – Gauteng, South Africa
460 2202 MHU
Our client is a leader within underground mine technology & systems. In this role the person is expected to lead the field deployment of Company technology in accordance with the project requirements and timelines. To do so, the person will work closely with a large variety of Company teams as well as with multiple people on the client side. The person is responsible for delivering all aspects of the project in line with the agreed requirements, quality, timeline, cost and scope.
- Ensuring the smooth running of various activities or projects. Planning and organizing the material, human or financial resources necessary to carry out his work and participate in setting objectives. And lastly, following the results of his regular work and make the adjustments himself to ensure that the objectives are achieved.
- Overseeing and organizing the work of employees or colleagues involved in the project and acting as a resource person to achieve the objectives and quality standards required.
- Manage the development, submission, and approval of all hardware pre-installation documentation.
- Schedule and manage all hardware installation and commissioning activities in coordination with the client.
- Manage the completion of all hardware installation ‘as-built” documentation.
- Hardware delivery to site
- Schedule and manage all software installation and commissioning activities.
- Manage the development, submission and approval of all software configuration documentation.
- Manage the development, submission and approval of all training / change management documentation.
- Manage the delivery of all training and change management.
- Manage all changes in scope via variations to project cost and timeline.
- Prepare project schedule and delivery plan.
- Manage project activities and deliverables in line with approved budget, scope, timeline.
- Manage scope changes within variation process.
- Develop project resource plan.
- Develop project communications plan
- Implement and lead risk and issue management activities.
- Produce weekly / monthly project status reports for both internal and external consumption.
- Close-out project on hand-over.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or related areas.
- Crucial that PMP or Prince2 certified.
- 7-10 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience with traditional waterfall and/or agile project delivery
- Experience with reporting and presenting project status to all stakeholders
- Experience with technology delivery projects within the mining industry
- Knowledge of applicable laws, safety regulations, security protocols and quality assurance standards
- Detailed knowledge and broad experience with project management tools including MS Project.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language and an exceptional stakeholder-centric service focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork ethic
- Expert level in managing project workloads
- Understand others' perceptions and motivations to better influence and mobilize
- Ability to delegate tasks according to the strengths of each team members
- Business Acumen
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Initial 12-month contract – dependent on projects if made permanent / extended
- Traveling to project site up to 60%