Let's find out where you can grow your career
Regional Sales Engineer (Mining / Mechanical degree / Sales / Technical / Lubrication)- Egypt
Northern Africa#Central Africa
June 11, 2021
Reference Number: 23 GS
Our client, a leading friction management provider is seeking to employ a Regional Sales Engineer who will implement the company’s Business Plan objectives for the region with defined Sales & Profit objectives together with clear tactics for the market units serving their customers. The ideal candidate will be managing customer relationships at defined Accounts including Engineering, Purchasing, Quality & Manufacturing. They will work closely with Market Units, Engineering & Sales Management to serve customers. They will be responsible for seeking opportunities for profitable growth using existing & new products and services. Moreover, they will implement field tactics and action plans that are consistent with the company and marketing strategies which will result in the achievement of sales and profit objectives for the region. They will make use of a consultative selling methodology to establish the company as a friction management provider who assists strategic distributors and end customers in meeting their own business objectives.
- Sales Plan Execution: Collaborates with manager to develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing plans, new business attainment.
- Develop negotiation skills by participating in customer negotiations; grow ability to develop pricing.
- Develop, maintain, and grow effective customer relationships by maximizing face-to-face time, executing.
- Build and maintain robust relationships with all authorized distributors and customer personnel. These relationships are critical in defending existing business and gaining access to competitor business.
- Manage Distributors as directed by manager including analyzing and setting annual distributor purchase targets
- Set objectives and strategy with distributors to committing to specific action plans.
- Document all end-user accounts, business potential, buying habits and define the strategy for profit growth
- Provide training support to industrial distributors in areas of basic technical product knowledge general good maintenance practices and product installation, commercial information on applications, target industries, value selling, etc.
- Annual Measurement /evaluation of distribution partner performance.
- Extends the range of product or service relationships with major end-use customers to grow revenue.
- Develop plans and proposals to meet customer needs and achieve revenue objectives.
- Development and maintenance of records pertaining to distributor relationships, business plans, tracking and measurement of agreed objectives, incentives and supporting action plans.
- Provide monthly sales figures.
- Evaluates competitors’ products and selling/market strategy.
- Influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications by understanding their drivers
- Promotes and presents ideas and proposals to major end-user Customers.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and other functional areas.
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part numbers or types.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs).
- Gather and submit customer and market knowledge.
- Responsible for projects as assigned and directed by direct manager.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Must have a Mechanical Engineering and / or a BSc Mechanical degree and / or B. Tech (Mechanical) degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a related Sales function within a manufacturing/industrial industry.
- Proven history of sales results, successful problem solving, and the generation of new opportunities.
- Decision making and mechanical problem-solving techniques.
- Solid market and sales knowledge of the region.
- Project / contract management experience will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Must have SAP & CRM system experience.
- Strong command of English with a proficiency in business English, speaking, and written communication.
- Arabic speaker will be advantageous.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in an American multinational company will be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel to 60% of the time.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Will be required to travel