Regional Sales Manager, West Africa (Mining / Crushing & Screening Products / Engineering) – Ghana
363 3001 MHU
The Independent Contractor will in his/her capacity as a Regional Sales Manager assumes full responsibility for the execution of the capital and aftermarket sales strategy in the assigned territory or as requested by the BLM.
- Determine the sales targets and budgets for ASTEC products in the assigned international market and providing leadership to meet these targets effectively
- Maintain currently held active customer accounts, identify and engage with non-active customers and identifies, quantifies and recommends new markets/product opportunities suitable for the ASTEC range of products and service.
- Provides direction and assistance in development of new business opportunities for ASTEC products
- Be the primary contact to customers & dealers on product sales, service support, engineering and warranty related matters.
- Support the Business Line Manager in mapping the preferred channel to market and identifying evaluating potential dealers suitable to maximize ASTEC’s market penetration.
- Directs technical and commercial preliminary inquiry review of client specification to determine company’s capability to meet expectation.
- Management and performance assessment of dealers performance
- Support dealers with aggflow designs and layouts
- Undertake plant inspections
- Reviews proposals for technical approach consistent with corporate technical capabilities and in compliance with budget/margin requirements.
- Ensure the completion and timeous submission of required documents e.g., Expression of interest, submission of pre-qualification and official tender.
- Evaluation of tender document providing guidance to the business and relevant stakeholders as to lead disciplines and appropriate submission requirements.
- Minimise the organisations exposure and risk on bids in regard to Application, Financial and Governance of contract.
- Manage a realistic and updated bid program ensuring bid progress is aligned with required time frames.
- Establishing the bid price aligned with the scope. Where required the bid technical and commercial summary to be presented and approved by the Bid Review Committee (BRC)
- Collate the required documents and information and prepare a cohesive tender submission in line with the agreed bid strategy.
- Support regions and participate in regional exhibition and conferences
- Ensure company and bid compliances are met and prepare required documentation for approval and sign off where required.
- Maintain a knowledge base of bids, Tender trends, pricing etc..
- Gather, analyse and report on market intelligence
- Ensure the Sales pipeline is maintained, and the CRM is updated with the latest status of the enquiry.
- Submission of monthly sales reports - including market activity; sales pipeline & revenue forecast
- Ensure that pricing strategies are clearly communicated to Regional Sales Managers and Dealers
- Update the dealers and customers on new products, upgrades and modifications
- Maintain expert level of product and application knowledge
- Travel to project sites, attend site and project progress meetings as and when required
- Maintain a professional business relationship with all internal and external stake holders.
- Participate in strategy sessions and implementation thereof
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage expenses in line with company policy and as defined in the service provider contract
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Completed Mechanical Engineering degree/diploma or 5-10 years experiencing in similar role.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Multilingual – English & French proficiency
- A proven track record in sales and a developed business acumen supported by an excellent understanding of the regional aggregate and mining market.
- 5-10 years technical Crushing & Screening product sales & application experience.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial contracts negotiation including pricing, cash flow management, payment terms, and warranties
- Engaging with customers technically and commercially at multiple levels
- Proven ability in planning and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Potential to network within business communities
- Ability to work in an environment of constant pressure and deadlines
- Intermediate level competence on MS Office
- Experience in preparation of aggregate and mining process flows in AggFlow or similar package
- Experience on AX ERP system will be an advantage
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willingness to travel extensively regionally and Internationally when required
- Candidates based in country will be given preference