Reliability Engineer (Process Plant / Condition Monitoring / RCFA / Coaching / Fixed Term Contract) – KZN
Our client, a services provider to the mining industry in South Africa, is seeking a degree qualified Reliability Engineer with strong experience in the coaching of Root Cause Failure Analysis to join their team in KZN on a short-term contract with possible extension.
- Overseeing all aspects of fixed plant reliability engineering and maintenance.
- Hands on root cause failure analysis and the coaching and mentoring thereof.
- Loss prevention and elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management.
- Ensure maximum plant availability.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop a focus on safety and ensure health, safety and quality standards are adhered to.
- Incident and hazard reporting.
- Fault inspections and reporting.
- Assist in planning for the Engineering Maintenance team and the development of preventative asset and maintenance strategies.
- Shutdown maintenance.
- Spares management.
- Strong focus on mentoring and training.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering Degree.
- ECSA registration preferred.
- 5 years minimum previous reliability engineering experience within the mining industry with in-depth RCFA experience.
- Previous condition monitoring, non-destructive testing and vibration analysis experience.
- CMMS systems experience.
- Preventative maintenance and shutdown planning experience.
- Plant optimization experience.
- Experience providing mentoring and training.
- Applicants must have South African citizenship and currently reside in South Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 4 month initial contract with possible extension.