Rock Engineer ( Platinum / Hard Rock / Mining )
Posted 4 months ago
Reference No. 274 02 RR
Our client is seeking a qualified Rock Engineer to assist in leading the shaft rock engineering and strata control functions on site in the Limpopo
- Overseeing rock engineering and strata control functions at the shafts.
- Providing specialist rock engineering services as part of the resource management team.
- Managing rock engineering and strata control projects.
- Setting safety standards and advising on rock engineering issues.
- Assisting in geotechnical engineering design layouts and support systems.
- Drawing up technical reports.
- Providing training on geotechnical matters.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Geology or similar mining / geology National Diploma or Degree.
- COM Rock Mechanics (Metalliferous) certificate.
- 5 years previous experience in board and pillar rock engineering and strata control.
- Grade 12 / Matric.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong focus on safety standards.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Relocation required.