Reference No. 315 05 RR
Our client is seeking a SHE Manager who will generate, implement and manage systems, processes and procedures related to applicable Safety, Health and Environmental legislation and to ensure that all activities conducted on site are executed in compliance with set SOP’s, policies and legislation. The incumbent will Lead SHE team and act as SHE Custodian and Advisor on site. Compile and present SHE reports and monitor trends and statistics.
- Manage SHE Function and designated Team on site and ensure that subordinates are aligned with Department goals, action plans and deliverables.
- Communicate SHE values, raise awareness and establish a safe work culture on site.
- Manage, develop and implement strategies, processes and systems to address hazards, risks and promote Safety, Health and Environmental controls on site in line with provisions & regulations of Client and Company S.O.P’s, policies and the Mine Health and Safety Act.
- Develop/revise and implement SHE policies and procedures, as required.
- Act as Advisor on all SHE related matters and SHE representative on behalf of the Company during meetings, investigations, or visits from external shareholders (including Client and DMR).
- Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure that all activities conducted are compliant to SHE Legislation and applicable policies and procedures.
- Investigate and address all SHE related matters (non-compliance, risks, incidents) reported.
- Compile professional reports and communicate findings and remedial actions to line managers and relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct follow up inspections to ensure that audit findings and prescribed remedial actions or measures have been implemented.
- Ensure that Risk assessments, P.T.O’s, Safe declarations and other related procedural documents are implemented, properly completed and filed as per SHE System protocol.
- Generate, propose and implement (once approved) a site based Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) policy and matrix.
- Monitor P.P.E stock levels in conjunction with the Supply Chain Team and ensure that adequate levels are maintained as per approved budget and policy.
- Ensure that task appropriate P.P.E is issued and that P.P.E is properly used as per prescribed S.O.P’s.
- Review all SHE systems and procedures frequently to assess effectiveness and efficiency.
- Generate accurate information and statistics to monitor SHE trends.
- Monitor Root Cause risks continuously and ensure that interventions implemented are effective in adequately limiting or cancelling the risk of future re-occurrences of incidents.
- Ensure that site LTIFR and AIFR remains above target.
- Ensure that all legally required Structures and Committees are established on site and properly functioning.
- Ensure to obtain and maintain all applicable SHE certification and accreditation as per requirements. Conduct frequent inspection to ensure that certificates are renewed before expiry.
- Monitor time spent by subordinates on the mine and ensure compliance with legal attendance parameters.
- Manage discipline and initiate disciplinary action in line with applicable disciplinary procedures, where required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 8 years’ SHE Management experience in an opencast mining environment of which at least 3-5 years must be as SHE Manager carrying a 2.17.1 Legal appointment and overseeing SHE Officers.
- Grade 12 completed.
- National Diploma in Safety Management with B. Tech (preferred).
- COMSOC 1 & 2 or alternatively SAMTRAC completed (compulsory).
- MHSA/OHASA Legal Liability training certification (compulsory).
- ISO certification in System Auditing or integrated internal auditing will be advantageous.
- Fire awareness training completed.
- HIRA Training completed.
- High level of computer competency (MS Office) and numerically orientated.
- Valid code EB Drivers’ license.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive salary package
- Permanent opportunity
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions