Reference No. CV29
Safety Superintendent (Mining / Health and Safety / SHE / Nebosch) – KZN, South Africa
Reference Number: TR 111122
An opportunity is available for a safety superintendent to lead, assist and advise Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) functions in a manner that protects the company, employees, customer and assets against losses, injuries, and accidents by the development and enforcement of safe work practices / programs of an underground mine site.
- To lead, assist and advise Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) functions in a manner that protects the company, employees, customer and assets against losses, injuries, and accidents by the development and enforcement of safe work practices / programs.
- Implement and maintain hazard / aspect and risk / impact awareness program / campaign and make recommendations for improvements as required.
- Coordinate, report and control accurate record keeping relating to SHE statistics and participate on incident investigations as and when required.
- Advise, guide and support applicable management to ensure that SHE procedures and policies are implemented, operating effectively and that all personnel are fully engaged and trained in the processes.
- Assist with COID Act (Compensation, Occupation, Injuries and Diseases Act) implementation, reporting and compliance.
- Implement initiatives and processes to prevent injuries, ill-health and environmental pollution (i.e. Focusing on pro-active rather than re-active) to enhance a culture of SHE awareness and good practices (i.e. total well-being of employees).
- Perform and always adhere to the legal duties assigned by the Mine in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Any other additional/ad-hoc tasks and/or responsibilities at the discretion of the MRS Site Manager and/or Regional SHEQ Coordinator, after consultation as agreed upon.
- Will carry out any other function or duty as may be required in terms of Company requirements, as it may be required
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12
- National Diploma / Certificates (e.g. NOSA / IRCA /Nebosch) in SHE
- COMSOC qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in a mining environment.
- Courses for Safety and Risk Control Management
- Risk Assessment Techniques (SWIFT, HAZOP and FMECA, WRAC and HIRA, etc.).
- Good understanding of the MHS Act and Operational Application of Legislation.
- Legal Compliance experience
- MS Office, knowledge and Applications
- Medically fit
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Accommodation provided
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Christo van der Ham at email@example.com
Christo van der Ham
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.