Sales Manager - Utilities (Business Development / Government / Electrical / Power / HV) – Gauteng
85 09 11 MNW
Our client, a successful multinational, is looking for a Sales manager who will be reporting to Local Sales and Marketing Manager. The responsibilities include planning and ensuring execution of Division, Business Unit or Product Group sales strategy for the utilities segment, to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for products, systems and/or services across Southern Africa.
- Creating, planning and implementing sales strategy, and strategic sales and business development initiatives, in alignment with global sales strategy.
- Achieves sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency.
- Monitoring and providing reports to the Marketing and Sales organization on market intelligence.
- Working with the Business Line Market Managers to coordinate sales activities between the business lines and exploit synergies.
- Ensuring achievement of sales volume and product mix targets by setting appropriate price and margin for sales.
- Participating on negotiations of key contracts.
- Identifying and managing potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers/channels
- Leading the development and implementation of the key account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element.
- Proposing recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A bachelor’s degree in technology or B. SC degree in Electric or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in customer relationship building, business development and sales in the utility environment.
- ECSA Professional registration is desirable
- Proven track record of sales of projects in the utility environment.
- Experience in working in Southern Africa, with a track record of relationships built with the utilities in this region.