Let's find out where you can grow your career
Scala Developer (IT / Coding / Fintech / Hybrid Working) Cape Town, South Africa
April 20, 2022
An exciting international Fintech client of ours is seeking to hire a Scala Developer to join their team in Cape Town. The successful candidate will work with the company’s International team to optimise the product for our South African and Australian markets.
- Deploying your code to production, affecting millions of users globally, within your first couple of days of joining
- Using your experience with Scala to write new features to attract new users and improving our current features to engage existing users better
- Integrating with new partners so that we can tackle underserved markets and offer our customers better deals
- Influencing the direction of critical services and building the tools that allow us to scale rapidly
- Owning the backend technical function for the International company
- Their delivery teams are cross-functional and you will be collaborating closely with other developers, QA, data analysts and product managers
- Mentoring and developing Junior team members
- Relevant completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience as Scala Backend Developer
- Experience using a functional stack and libs like Akka, Cats, Monix, fs2 & more
- Ability to work with AWS, Kubernetes and Spinnaker
- Ability to work alongside QA teams to build, test, release and monitor your work
- Flexible working hours
- Only 25% of the time must be spent at the office (2 days a week or one full week per month)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.