Section Engineer: Mechanical & Infrastructure (Mining / Plant / Maintenance / Asset Management / Underground) – Limpopo, South Africa
Posted 7 months ago
Reference No. SUB O8 02 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Section Engineer: Mechanical & Infrastructure, to be a part of their team in Limpopo.
- Ensure efficient and effective utilization of allocated underground equipment and production processes to achieve production targets for the function/department/section to ensure business objectives are met.
- To manage and coordinate the engineering and operations activities and ensure that the legal responsibility as required by statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Evaluate contractor services prior to appointment.
- Oversee the contracting services rendered to the entire mine/plant by developing a scope and managing the commercial process to appoint Contractors.
- Manage all contractors on site and ensure adherence to rules and regulations.
- Monitor contractor performance in accordance with SLA’s.
- Maintain and improve operational supporting systems and procedures including management of contractor performance against service level agreements.
- Schedule and monitor the execution of the asset care activities in order to meet set industry parameters of reliability and availability of assets within span of control, through optimum maintenance mix techniques and the coordination of resources.
- Assess the performance of the Asset Management System users and ensure proficiency through relevant training.
- Conduct and facilitate root cause analysis with stakeholders to ensure optimum asset care planning.
- Update and maintain the asset register.
- Assist the Maintenance Planner/ Superintendent Planning in the planning of the maintenance windows in coordinating the needs between the operational – and maintenance sections.
- Provide timeous, accurate and appropriate management information and reports in order to assist and support line managers’ decisions.
- Assist in the reviewing, maintaining and recommending improvements of Asset Management Strategy and – Procedures.
- Verify the accuracy of signed off work orders and ensure timeous, accurate system feedback.
- Assist management in compiling the operational strategy, setting of achievable production targets and to compile, manage and control operational, Capex and labour budgets including the management of service provider performance according to SLA’s.
- Drive (mining) improvements projects toward enhancing the operations.
- Optimize the processes of scheduling and design.
- Ensure plant and equipment optimization by conducting timeous investigations, benchmarking and feasibility studies toward identifying deviations / deficiencies in a proactive manner.
- Make recommendations in respect of appropriate principles/methodology to be followed.
- Conduct simulation projects, forecasting, planning optimization and support.
- Implementation of operational plans that support strategic initiatives.
- Provide input into departmental/functional strategy.
- Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Ensure Engineering analysis, design, planning and implementation.
- Budget and cost control.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree or National Diploma: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Certificate: GCC Mines and Works.
- 3 – 5 years extensive practical experience in an Engineering and Production environment.
- 5 years extensive practical experience as a Junior Engineer.
- 3 years maintenance experience in a mining/plant environment.
- 3 years Multi-disciplinary Engineering experience.
- Code 08 (EB) Driver’s Licence.
Benefits and Contractual information: