Let's find out where you can grow your career
Security Manager (Diamond Mining / Crime / SAPS / Surveillance / Investigations / Strategic) – Limpopo, South Africa
523 1111 MHU
November 11, 2021
Reference Number: 523 1111 MHU
Our client is a leading mining company who have an exciting opportunity for a Security Manager to report directly into the General Manager. The incumbent will responsible for ensuring optimum security of employees, contractors and visitors, physical security of assets and product and business continuity through the implementation of an integrated security strategy. The work of the role is to apply deep technical or specialist expertise to analyse data, anticipate and diagnose problems, provide solutions aimed at the improvement of processes, systems and work methods that meet internal and/or external customer requirements
- Ensure compliance with all legal, environmental, occupational health and safety, security and risk management standards and leading practices
- Advise Mine management on the implementation of security operational plans within the Mine's broader business plans
- Monitoring security indicators and trends in the organisation and identifying emerging risks within the pipeline or surrounding communities
- Conduct ongoing assessment of security procedures, and practices to enable effective mitigation of potential losses.
- Co-ordinate the effective deployment of security systems and technology to minimize risk.
- Implementation of Loss prevention solutions (security related) and monitor and evaluate their benefits.
- Engage and developing comprehensive intelligence and insights through interaction with local communities on internal and external threats to resource protection and position the Mine to respond appropriately to those threats.
- Implement and controlling emergency preparedness and contingency plans
- Lead investigations of crime, implementing preventative measures and following-up with reports as required.
- Provide people leadership within the department by managing workload, assigning tasks and reviewing/ recognizing outputs of team members.
- Coach employees on Loss Prevention and Diamond Control Strategies.
- Defining capital and budgetary requirements and manage departmental budget for the achievement of departmental activities and objectives.
- Communicate and drive awareness strategies within the business to ensure prevention goals are embedded within the organization.
- Manage external security risk (not limited to diamond theft).
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12/ Std 10/ N3 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree/B Tech Security Management Degree or equivalent related to Risk Management.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience at Security Supervisor / middle management or equivalent environment with exposure in security risk management (Investigation/ Crime Information analysis/Intelligence/ and or Surveillance).
- Previous experience in similar role working on diamond mining operations
- SAPS firearm competency will be advantageous.
- Registered with PSIRA Grade A.
- Valid EB/Code 8 Drivers License.
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Will involve relocation as based on site
If you wish to apply for the position please follow the application link.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.