Senior Accountant (IFRS9 / ACCA / Financial Reporting / P&L) – Mauritius
This person will be mainly responsible for financial management function in the finance team and will be reporting to the Head of Finance & Business Support. Other main areas of responsibility would include Sales & margin analysis, budgeting, internal controls, and other diversified accounting activities within the organization.
- Coordinate and supervise the posting and reconciliation of the accounts payable and receivable on the NetSuite ERP.
- Ensure invoices are being processed on a timely basis in compliance with the SLA agreed with the payroll team.
- Produce error-free accounting reports as requested by the management team and the shareholders.
- Prepare a weekly assessment of the net revenue and confirm that the margins are aligned to the budget.
- Measure the financial performance of Actuals vs Budgets through clear and concise communication to the management team.
- Implement controls to mitigate risks on the AP and AR process.
- Be responsible for the month end closing process and ensure all the financial postings have been booked accurately.
- Prepare the month end reporting as per Group requirements.
- Prepare the AP and AR Executive report on a weekly basis.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the preparation of the Audited financial statements for year end, forecasts, and annual budget.
- Prepare the calculation for the quarterly APS and Corporation Tax submission to the authorities.
- Provide technical support and ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Train team members on new processes and share leading practices.
- Continuous improvement in terms of productivity, speed, and quality of processes.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in respect of the work area.
- Assist in the preparation of policies and SOPs.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- ACCA fully qualified.
- Working in financial reporting preferably with IFRS and Financial Statement preparation experience.
- Experience in Audit Practice will be an advantage.
- Advanced Excel (Pivot Table, VLook-ups, etc…)
- NetSuite ERP experience will be an advantage.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Time management, critical thinking and taking ownership.
- Performance driven.
- Hard working and diligent.
- Responsibility and Accountability.
- Focus and Teamwork.
- Works well under pressure.