Reference No. LCFDS01
Senior Application Support Engineer (Application Support / Software / Tickets) – London, UK (Remote)
Reference Number: LCFDS01
An exciting Tech company is looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer. This company has staff that are distributed internationally around the globe and their customers and software users operate and deliver programs in multiple countries. Their culture enables a self-managed team structure. This provides a high level of ownership and accountability within each role and enables effective and frequent collaboration between team members and across teams.
This company’s customer base is dispersed globally and uses multiple instances of their software deployed in the cloud. An existing team of Training and Frontline Support staff fields support tickets from software users. The Senior Application Support Engineer will be the first person in the Training & Support team to fulfil a new role of “Application Support”. This person will intercept and resolve some of the more complex tickets. They will also help their frontline colleagues to deepen their product knowledge.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes:
The 5 key responsibilities of the role are:
- Acquire and maintain deep knowledge of the company’s Software, both in terms of the user interface and in terms of the underlying data organisation.
- Support frontline colleagues to understand the product more deeply so that they can assist their end users more effectively.
- Communicate clearly with end users and local support engineers to clarify tickets and convey responses.
- Use a variety of tools including application logs and database queries to resolve queries and troubleshoot problems.
- Pass on high quality tickets to Senior Software Engineers and/or Product when unable to resolve problems, when finding software faults or when discovering opportunities for incremental improvement of the company’s products.
The key attributes for the role are:
- Strong experience of supporting applications running on Linux hosts.
- A problem-solver with good analytical skills and an appetite for continuous technical discovery.
- Confidence in querying and scripting updates of databases.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external (customer service).
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- No-SQL database experience.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Desirable attributes for the role are:
- Amazon Web Services, especially Cloudwatch, EC2 and S3