Reference No. KMSR07
A leading financial services brand is seeking a strong Chartered Accountant to support the office of the Group CFO as 2IC
in driving strategies to bring the Finance function to a world class level. The candidate is expected to be a key and pivotal member of the Finance leadership team who will provide support to the Group CFO in implementing and monitoring strategies to raise the Finance function to a world class level. This role will take specific responsibility for ensuring that this is done with the full support of the finance teams in the Group. This role will involve building relationships with key stakeholders and key service providers including but not limited to the Group Partners, CEO’s, auditors, and bankers.
- Upon joining, quickly build an understanding of the business in terms of structure, cash flows, profitability, and the key internal controls.
- Build a relationship with key stakeholders – finance heads of the various businesses, Partners and key management.
- Build Financial Data Analysis Models.
- Overview of Group Daily Cash Flow management including Daily Cash Flow projections.
- Analyse ALCO requirements for each business line and improve models.
- Review the structure of company balance sheets and propose gearing ratios.
- Stay abreast of changes in tax legislation and evaluate impacts on the Group.
- Random review of company month-end files in detail.
- Attendance of Capital Allocation Committee Meetings as required.
- Attendance at Audit Committee Meetings as required.
- Overview of annual budget and half yearly forecast process.
- Overview of the audit process to ensure adherence to Group reporting deadlines.
- Review of best practices from a workflow perspective and “value-add” to the finance services provided to the operational countries.
- Make improvements to the quality and timeliness of Group Reports.
- Weekly communication with Finance teams to discuss progress on strategic deliverables.
- Have a macro understanding of the Group’s financial affairs and propose optimisation plans.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Only qualified Chartered Accountants will be considered for this role.
- By nature of the group, travel will be required from any staff member of the company from time to time.
Experience / Background Preference
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than TEN years’ post articles, relevant working experience.
- This role is suitable for a strong finance person looking to take their first step towards a future potential CFO title.
- A background in Property, Retail, Supermarkets, FMCG, food or beverage businesses is advantageous.
- Strong accounting knowledge with good analytical skills.
- A strong commercial mindset.
- Ability to deal with the regulators outside of South Africa (Sub-Sahara).
- An understanding of Financial Data Analysis Tools (BI etc), is advantageous in order to “slice and dice” the finance data.
- An understanding of cross-border funding, and cross-border mechanisms.
- Previous exposure to Africa or an emerging market will be advantageous.
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the job.
- Self-assurance and a confident manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven people management and leadership skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems.
- Established negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A self-starter who shows initiative and assumes responsibility for projects.
- Proven ability to operate independently and exercise significant latitude for independent judgement, discretion and action.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks within strict time frames within a fast-paced environment.
- High energy levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking.
- The ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom. Not a “yes man”.
- The ability to build strong relationships with team members, company management and clients.
- A high level of resilience and tenacity, since business into Africa can sometimes be very challenging.
- Must have gravitas and be capable of commanding respect from others.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Kyle Magnussen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.