Let's find out where you can grow your career
Senior Civil and Structural Designer (Mining / EPCM / Process Plant / Construction / Drafting) – Gauteng, South Africa
003 0125 (SV)
January 25, 2022
Reference Number: 003 0125 (SV)
Our client is a leading EPCM who require a Senior Civil & Structural Designer to join their team. The incumbent person will produce drawings to schedules in accordance with accepted Engineering practice and the company’s draughting procedures. At all times will he/she consider the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment. The role reports into the Civil & Structural Engineering Manager.
- Detailed design and production of civil / structural drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of drawings to schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Adherence to standards and procedures.
- Assist with training of junior draughtspersons.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as vendor work inspections and testing, as directed.
- Production of drawings on time and within budget.
- Process vendor data within agreed timeframes.
- Clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to CAD Procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable standards and Drafting Procedures.
- Completion of error free drawings to sound engineering practices.
- Accurate completion and timely submission of timesheets.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage all staff to achieve or outperform the indicated HSE KPI’s
- Actively promote within your area of operation a culture of people engagement, retention, development, achievement, and performance.
- Read, understand and implement HR policies and arrangements as published by the Office
HSSE & QA Responsibilities:
- Provide positive and demonstrated leadership on HSSE & QA issues within your area of operation.
- Read, understand and implement the HSSE & QA policies, procedures and Safety Shield programme.
- Promote an enthusiastic HSSE & QA culture that delivers positive commitment to and engages all employees in continuous improvement in business performance.
- Monitor personnel under your area of control comply with their individual responsibilities to HSSE & QA matters.
- Demonstrate on-going commitment to all relevant QA requirements as published to the organisations Integrated Quality Management System.
- Respond and commit to partaking in audits and responding with relevant corrective action.
- Demonstrate commitment in resolving HSSE & QA non-conformances
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diploma in Engineering
- Strong engineering background
- Minimum of 10 years design draughting experience, of which 5 years are in the mining and minerals processing area
- Experience with Process Plant design and layout
- Familiar with relevant 2D & 3D CAD software and drafting procedures
- Broad knowledge of construction and operations
- Understanding of other discipline requirements
- Ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
If you wish to apply for the position please follow the application link.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.