Let's find out where you can grow your career
Senior Communications Specialist (Corporate Communications / Public Relations / Mining) – KZN, South Africa
March 16, 2022
Reference Number: 82 GS
Our client, an international mining company is looking to employ a Senior Communications Specialist to join their operations in KZN.
- Coordinate’s communications content and implements assignments in line with established policies. Assists communication plans and shares company information through a combination of methods internally and externally.
- Promotes communication guidelines for all employees to use.
- Coordinates and executes the communications activities at tactical level, monitors the performance measures, reports on progress.
- Monitors the performance measures/success to report on project's progress and present results to Senior management.
- Contributes to maintaining policies and procedures, monitoring company media, and utilizing electronic publishing technology.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BCom/BA: Bachelor's degree in public relations / journalism, communications (Mandatory).
- Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) (Mandatory).
- Driver’s License (Code 8) (Mandatory).
- 5 years relevant experience within a corporate environment (Mandatory).
- Creativity & Innovation: Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking. Ability to apply a range of tools and techniques to the development of new ideas and initiatives to improve organizational performance.
- Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques. Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Planning & Organizing: Ability to manage concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgements as to priorities and mobilizing time and resources to get things done.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Knowledge of interpersonal techniques and ability to work effectively with a varied individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner to positively influence processes and decisions within and outside own immediate work group.
- Organizational Communications: Knowledge of and ability to fully utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
- Internal Communications: Knowledge of and ability to develop, produce and distribute news, newsletters and other communications materials targeted at the employees.
- Public Relations: Knowledge of organizational practices and considerations for communicating in the public arena, from the community to global public relations (PR); the ability to communicate to various forms of media outlets effectively and establish favorable public relations.
- News Media Communications: Knowledge of and ability to apply the means of news media (radio, television, newspaper) to achieve organizational broadcasting or publishing goals.
- Publishing: Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes and tools used in the design, development and publication of various organizational materials such as press releases, briefings, and marketing materials.
- Copywriting and Editing: Knowledge of a variety of formats, styles, and techniques for publishing materials; ability to develop and review these materials to promote business related activities.
- Graphic Design: Knowledge of and ability to apply design principles to the development and publication of organizational information.
- Desktop Publishing Tools: Knowledge of and ability to use desktop publishing software for the design and development of various organizational materials.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Contract.
- Attractive Salary.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Consultant – Francophone Africa
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.