Senior Diesel Mechanic (Earthmoving Equipment / HME / CAT / Volvo / Maintenance) – Angola
Reference No. 386-2305LH
Reference Number: 386-2305LH
Our client is seeking a Senior Diesel Mechanic to join their team at their start-up mine site in Angola that specializes in surface mining and processing operations. The incumbent will oversee the maintenance and repair of their mid-sized fleet of Heavy Earthmoving Equipment (HME), consisting of Cat and Volvo machines. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that our HME fleet is in excellent working condition, which will contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of our mine site and processing plant.
- Maintain and repair a fleet of Heavy Earthmoving Equipment (HME), consisting of Cat and Volvo machines, used in surface mining and processing operations.
- Conduct regular maintenance and service work on all equipment, ensuring that they are in optimal working condition.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical problems and implement effective solutions to ensure minimal downtime.
- Provide guidance and training to local mechanics to improve their technical knowledge and expertise.
- Develop and implement maintenance plans and schedules for all equipment and machinery.
- Manage inventory levels and ensure that all spare parts and tools are available when required.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and ensure that all equipment complies with safety regulations and standards.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance and repairs carried out on equipment and machinery.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in CAT and Volvo HME maintenance within surface mining and processing operations.
- CMMS experience.
- Previous expatriate experience on remote mine sites in Africa.
- Experience mentoring and training diverse teams.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Fixed term renewable contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Leanne Laas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.