Reference No. 141122 AM
Reference Number: 141122 AM
Our client, a global leader in renewable energy, is seeking a Senior Economic Development Manager to join their team in Port Elizabeth. As the Senior Economic Development Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Economic Development and would be responsible for the following:
- Participate in REIPPP Bid submission and Financial Close processes
- Develop and implement social programmes with Private PPA off-takers
- Develop the ED strategy for each project to comply with Implementation Agreement commitments.
- Sourcing and implementing of SED & ED programs.
- Presenting yearly SED & ED budgets, forecasts, and expenditure on all programs for the various Project Companies.
- Preparing of quarterly and to-date Economic Development reports, forecasts achievements vs obligations for shareholders, financers, and the Department of Energy (DoE).
- Responsible for all Economic Development compliance requirements and implementation and Project Company/IPP Office audits.
- Implementing internal controls and procedures for SED & ED projects.
- Reviewing of SED & ED contracts/ agreements/ term sheets prior to implementation.
- Develop the Economic Development Plan (SED and ED) for each project company and ensure submission thereof to the Department of Energy as per deadline.
- Oversee beneficiary assessments, manage the contracting process, define the implementation processes and oversee project implementation.
- Manage the activities of the Social and Ethics Committees of the Boards.
- Manage the development of Monitoring and Evaluation processes.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Strong B-BBEE codes background
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Renewable Energy and community management
- Have participated in Round 5 and RMIPPP Bid submission
- Fair understanding of social requirements in the Mining Charter (Bonus)
- Leadership and management skills and experience.
- Financial and Legal literacy
- Able to work with spreadsheets and manipulate data for analysis and able to understand contractual agreements A degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Business Administration.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills; able to influence others without having direct authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; in particular, good presentation skills at all levels (including local community meetings, board level presentations and press relations)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Aimee Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.