Senior Environmental Officer (Mining / Water Quality / EMS / HSE / Data Analysis) – DRC
Reference No. 009 0703 OT
Reference Number: 009 0703 OT
Our client, a mining group, is seeking a Senior Environmental Officer, to report to the Senior Superintendent, who will assist with the development and implementation of an effective environmental management system and ensuring compliance with internal system as well as DRC and international requirements. The incumbent will perform data and trend analysis, interpretation and reporting in line with DRC legal requirements & International standards. This position is instrumental in managing a complex environmental monitoring results database and providing technical reports.
- Develop and implement policies, processes and procedures as part of the implementation of an Environment management system (EMS), in line with ISO 14001 and other international good practices.
- Ensure compliance to international and local legislation and standards.
- Establish internal and external audits, undertake regular internal audits to ensure compliance with the approved ESMP and the adopted EMS, analyse and report on environmental performance to internal stakeholders.
- Assist with driving adherence and compliance of all departments to environmental policies, procedures and standards of the company.
- Report on compliance; Ensure corrective measures are raised and closed.
- Assist in developing monthly environmental awareness material, based on issues and concerns identified at the mine.
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly environmental management reports, including water quality monitoring reports based on monthly team inputs.
- Synthesize and analyse data to determine validity and quality (prepare charts or graphs) and to interpret correlations between human activities and environmental effects. Flag any issues and propose solutions.
- Provide reports and dashboards on environmental performance.
- Actively communicate and coordinate with environmental management, laboratories, and/or other team members to acquire data packages of varying formats to be imported to a centralized database system.
- Ensuring monitoring data quality and consistency.
- Maintain an effective administration system, ensuring that all environmental data are recorded and records maintained as per environmental system requirements (Isometrix or environmental software).
- Ensure results are data captured with 2 days of analysis (Isometrix) and all data up to date and analysed on a weekly basis.
- Build professional long-term relationships with stakeholders and investigate and understand stakeholders' needs to enable delivery of a quality service.
- Ensure product knowledge and advice is technically accurate and provide stakeholders with relevant information to keep them informed of products and service options.
- Escalate potential risks that may lead to increased costs or financial losses.
- Monitor costs or expenses to achieve cost efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Follow the HSE plan for the Business area and take remedial actions where necessary.
- Ensure safe practices are followed and prevent work-related injuries to self and others.
- Report all defective equipment, possible hazards and unsafe work practices.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years in relevant experience in the environmental field, with mining experience
- Knowledge and experience with Environmental Management Systems and mining industry preferred.
- Fluency in English (Fluency in French is an advantage).
- Knowledge of International Environmental Standards (IFC, Equator Principles, ICMM).
- Advanced skills with MS Excel and proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GIS software will be an advantage.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Olivia Trollope at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Olivia Trollope Recruitment Consultant CA Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.