Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Slope Design / Slope Monitoring / Open pit / Safety / EE) – Northern Cape, South Africa
062 1112 RR
Reference Number: 062 1112 RR
Reporting directly to the Principal Geotechnical Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible to provide optimum slope design for Mine Planning to ensure safe and economical mining conditions, while administrating the monitoring and analyzing pit wall stability to ensure a safe work environment
- Development and review of the slope designs of using the latest Modelling tools to enhance healthy mine design
- Manage rock mass characterization (outcrop mapping, core logging, etc to develop pit geotechnical model and derive geotechnical parameters for slope stability calculations
- Optimize and refine design parameters based on mapping data and review geotechnical domain delineation.
- Creation of a Database for Slope Monitoring system
- Taking part in accident/incident investigation related to slope or bench failures
- Manage Slope Stability Systems and personnel and ensure adherence to Slope stability and TARP SOP’s
- Involvement as a member of the mine’s standards Committee for drafting SOP & COP
- Pit Slope Design conformance and Dump Management Execution
- Conduct pit slope conformance evaluation based on review of execution to update design and implement measures to enhance conformance
- Ensure TARP system and Dump Management is optimized for dump stability and operational safety
- Carry out Administrative duties
- Review and update relevant policies and procedures in line with governance principles and changes
- Generate legal reports as and when required by various parties
- Ensure and oversee efficient and effective people management
- Manage training activities in the department
- Do regular performance/development reviews
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Chamber of Mines: Rock Engineering Ticket; Medical Fitness Certificate
- 3 Years’ operational experience in the Geotechnical environment
- Open cast working environment exposure, strong in slope design & modelling, slope monitoring systems and ground control in opencast mining.
- BEng. Mining Engineering/BSc Geology or equivalent will be advantageous
- South Africa Nationals are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Leadership Opportunity (Middle Management)
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Annual Package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Ruan Roodt at
Please visit for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.