Let's find out where you can grow your career
Senior Infrastructure Engineer ( Civil / EPCM / Mining / ECSA ) – Johannesburg, South Africa
168 02 RR
February 3, 2022
Our client is a multinational EPCM operating across more than 60 countries globally. The opportunity exists for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer responsible for Mining & Minerals projects. Responsible for the civil and infrastructure engineering detail design on mining and minerals processing plant projects / studies, including professional sign off.
- Accountable that the quality and content of deliverables of the infrastructure design discipline are in line with the needs of the client and regulatory authorities and responsible for engineering content, discipline design drawings and technical documents within a project / study.
- Responsible for preparation and / or review of engineering deliverables including technical specifications, contract specifications, design criteria, calculations, reports, evaluations and other documents required by the project / study.
- Input to capital estimates including quantity calculations. Set and review man-hour budgets for engineering and drafting, recommend engagement of additional manning as required.
- Monitor the progress and performance of project discipline teams. Provide feedback and support where necessary.
- Oversee and manage design scope changes.
- Provide feedback to the project engineering manager on design progress, budget and schedule.
- Provide technical and commercial direction to engineers in relation to design quality, design schedules and design budgets.
- Prepare and review feasibility studies documentation and estimates.
- Assist engineering management to assess the suitability of staff and identify the key resources for specific projects / studies.
- Ensure designs produced are cost effective and optimal in terms of constructability, maintainability, serviceability, and safe operation.
- Ensure design engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on all projects.
- Review tenders and produce technical adjudications / recommendations.
- Review Contractor documentation for compliance with project specifications.
- Analyze feedback from fabricators and construction personnel to improve performance.
- Oversee and conduct site inspections.
- Provide technical support during construction.
- Conduct regular design group meetings within a project / study context.
- Provide timely reports regarding all discussions held and progress made. Ensure all project correspondence is recorded.
- Allocate work and provide technical assistance to discipline engineers and designers.
- Input into progress reports, including listing achievements and highlighting issues as required.
- Work closely with consultants, other disciplines and Project/Study Managers to ensure that client’s objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Drive professional development of direct reports and other less experienced staff members
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Eng. – Civil engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with ECSA
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years civil and infrastructure design experience in the mining and minerals industry, preferably worked within an EPC/EPCM engineering environment.
- Detail engineering of roads, terracing, stormwater, ponds and network analysis of water and sewer pipelines.
- Detail engineering of non-process facilities (offices, change houses, temporary and permanent housing facilities
- Site experience: construction and commissioning.
- Technical Competence – in terms of core engineering theory from first principles and ability to extend theory to new and complex problems
- Proven effective leadership skills and ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Understanding of South African and common international standards and regulatory authority requirements in the mining and minerals processing sector.
- Good commercial awareness/risk management skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Globally competitive annual package
- Opportunity to join a global leading EPCM
- Exposure to massive projects across the Mining and Minerals industry
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Ruan Roodt at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining, Energy & Engineering
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.