Reference No. AAL0057
Reference Number: AAL0058
My client (or the "Fund") is a new pan-African infrastructure private equity fund established with a vision to positively contribute to economic growth and development of the African continent, and a goal of investing profitably, responsibly, and sustainably in infrastructure projects and services. The Fund is anchored by African institutional investors and is targeting like-minded Investors whose interests and investments in Africa are aligned. The Fund is managed by an experienced Investment Team, with an Investment Committee deeply rooted in Africa and with strong expertise on the continent.
The Fund is conceived to be a 12-year closed-ended fund targeting US$500 million of capital commitments to be raised over multiple closings, and investing in target sectors including Power & Energy, Transport & Logistics, Water & Sanitation, and Digital & Social infrastructure.
The IAF makes private equity investments into late-stage projects, growth companies and platform businesses, alongside lead sponsors and entrepreneurs.
- Work across a wide range of infrastructure sectors including power, midstream gas, transportation, water, digital and social infrastructure
- Contribute to all aspects of the investment process from origination, due diligence, and execution to portfolio management
- Evaluate prospective investment opportunities across several markets
- Supervise and check the building of complex financial models, and provide training and support for junior members of the investment team
- Participate in the preparation of deal presentations and investment memos and other investment documentation
- Develop a strong pipeline of investment opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge
- Execute equity investments into financially closed projects as well as platforms and growth opportunities, with a strong focus on achieving commensurate risk adjusted returns
- Participate in negotiations for investment documents (Shareholders Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, project debt agreements and other relevant agreements) and manage transaction documentation and execution
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local/regional/global infrastructure companies, sponsors, banks, multilateral institutions, and external consultants to further develop the sector
- Monitor current portfolio companies and perform analysis of potential exit opportunities
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Focused and rigorous 4+ years prior experience in private equity investing or investment banking at a top investment bank (M&A, Power & Utilities, Telecommunications/Digital, or Leveraged Finance experience preferred)
- Prior equity investment role on multiple live completed transactions is a must
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier academic institution
- MBA or MSc Finance from top tier school, or equivalent
- Strong commitment to Africa – whether it be origin or a demonstrated long-term interest/focus in developing a career in Africa
Benefits and Contractual information:
Salary to attract the best (French is a plus)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Angus Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|